Happy 2018!!!!. Lots of info in here. Please read.
Happy New Year!
We got a jump start on 2018 by starting last month analyzing our year and what we hope to accomplish in 2018. Many changes are in store for us, some we can’t quite let out of the bag yet. As you already may know:
- The first of two 30 x 72 foot greenhouses are up;
- We have a new platform for our CSA this year; (https://csa.farmigo.com/join/stillseekingfarmscsa/csa)
- We have a new redesigned website (www.stillseekingfarmllc.com);
- We will be having spring veggies and a storefront on our website to order those spring veggies.
So many of our discussions with our customers at the market is about health and how eating our vegetables makes people feel better. It’s amazing the positive reaction people have and it really makes us feel good that we are able to help people that way. So in order to further educate our customers, we have created a page on our website where we come across things that are inspirational to us, such as books, movies, facts, websites that further promote what we are doing here and where our beliefs are. We want to pass this information along to you because sometimes at the markets it’s just too busy to take the time and chat for a period of time.
Keith had the pleasure of attending the annual Bionutrient Food Association conference at the end of November. He met many people and listened to great people who are leading the field in soils, nutrition and health. In particular, Kathleen DiChiara. Keith attended her lecture, while walking into the room, she looked at every participant’s hands and could tell if you were low in magnesium or not. Of the 100 in the room 3 were OK, 7 were severe and everyone else low levels. She urged the 7 severe people, to immediately go to the doctors or they would end up like her. She had a successful career, children, athletic and then her body decided to quit. After having surgery, and waking up, she was paralyzed. Every symptom you could think of, she had it. She decided to heal herself and her family and take matters into her own hand. I am currently reading her book “Hidden Connections”. Looking at her now, you would never she was sick. This book will be listed on our webpage. Takeaways:
You must improve your gut health – it is the place to initial all forms of healing.
- Seed oils such as canola, corn, soy and margarine are all genetically modified and high in Omega 6 fats, which cause inflammation.
- There has been a dramatic rise of multiple chronic diseases, since the introduction of GMOs in 1996. At that time it was less than 50,000 deaths attributed to these diseases, now it is over 350,000.
- Foods labeled 100% UDSA organic cannot lawfully contain GMOs. Look for labels with this wording, otherwise there maybe GMO in there somewhere.
- Familiar with the dirty dozen? www.ewg.org
- Look for BPA free can liners if you buy canned food.
- Did you know our store receipts have BPA on them?????? True, rubs easily off the receipt onto your hands and said hands are sure to make it to your face,mouth?
- BPA free plastics? May not be so BPA free – stick to glass or ceramic.
- Avoid parabens in your health & beauty products. Check out the Skin Deep database for brands that avoid parabens. www.ewg.org/skindeep.
- Don’t use perfumes.
- Don’t use fabric softeners.
- Do you have wrinkles, stretch marks or cellulite? The smoothness of your skin comes from connective tissue. Bone broth makes skin supple. Cellulite is not from excess fat. Cellulite comes from the lack of connective tissue. Collagen-rich bone broth will supply the skin with the tools it needs to support itself.
- Soak your nuts before you eat them. Nuts contain numerous enzyme inhibitors that can strain the digestive system.
- Look into Oil Pulling. Amazing!
Hoping we haven’t lost you yet and you are still reading. Beginning January 1, we will be doing the 30-day Paleo challenge. We’ve heard about this way of eating for many years now but figured it was time we tried it out. This is pretty much a meat and vegetable way of eating. No sugars, no grains, no white potatoes. There seems to be great success in loosing inflammation, inches and weight. People who are on medications, come of it. So to keep us accountable, I will be posting weekly updates on weight loss, inches lost, how we feel, what we are eating. If you want to follow along, these will be posted on our blog.
That’s it – hope this wasn’t too long for people. Just a reminder that if you haven’t signed up for our CSA yet, to grab the extra 10% in purchasing power, you need to do so by February 1st. We wish everyone a happy, healthy and prosperous 2018.
Michelle and Keith